Try these grilled mini-versions of the classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake for your next cook-out or Summer birthday party. They’re an sweet, adorable crowd pleaser!
- 1 pineapple, sliced into rings (You'll need one ring for each cupcake. Alternatively, you could use canned pineapple rings.)
- cooking oil
- Urban Accents Honey Vanilla Fruit Griller Seasoning
- maraschino cherries
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix (+ ingredients to follow recipe: usually oil and eggs)
- Preparation: 25 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- Ready in: 1 h
- Heat grill and oil grates. Generously sprinkle each pineapple slice with Honey Vanilla fruit griller on both sides. Grill over medium-heat 3-4 minutes per side or until nice grill marks form. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease a jumbo muffin tin and place a pineapple ring in the bottom of each cup. Trim pineapple to fit, if necessary. Add a maraschino cherry in the middle of each ring for a lovely presentation.
- Prepare yellow cake batter using package instructions. Pour cake batter into muffin cups 1/2 - 2/3 full. Bake according to package instructions. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely. Place a sheet pan over the muffin tin and flip to release cupcakes. Top with warm honey for a sweet glaze.