A Mediterranean-inspired appetizer that’s perfect for the grill…
For: 8 servings
- 12 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 chopped garlic cloves, divided
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Urban Accents Herbes de Provence, crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 20 pitted, oil-cured black olives, sliced
- 4 7-inch Naan
Preparation: 40 min
Cooking: 10 min
Ready in: 50 min
- In a food processor, combine anchovies, red wine vinegar, half of garlic and pepper to taste. Pulse until well combined. With processor running, add 3 Tbsp olive oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture forms a smooth paste. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 3 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, rest of garlic, bay leaf, Herbes de Provence and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 20-30 min.
- Uncover and continue cooking, stirring constantly until most liquid evaporates.
- Add fresh thyme; cool completely and discard bay leaf.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Lightly brush both sides of naan with anchovy olive oil mixture. Place naan upside down on grill; cook for 2 min.
- Turn the breads and quickly spread each with about 1 tsp of the anchovy mixture. Top with onion mixture and sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 min or until bottoms are slightly crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve.