With a chili-honey glaze… great as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or as a spicy side dish!
For: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Rio Grand Chili Blend
- 2 ripe mangoes
- In small bowl, make the glaze by combining the orange juice, honey and Rio Grande Chili Blend; mix well.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Slice the mango by cutting the two large side portions from each side of the mango pit. Score each side in a crosshatch pattern, cutting down to, but not through the skin.
- Place the mango halves on the grill, cut side down and cook for 2 min until light grill marks form on the fruit. Turn over and brush liberally with the glaze trying to get glaze to drip down into the cut slits. Turn glazed mangoes over and grill for an additional 30 seconds; then remove from heat.
- When the mangos have cooled to room temperature, turn them inside out by pushing them from the skin side.
- Serve resting on the skin as a tasty side dish or as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.