Grilled Chicken Caesar PizzaMarch 20, 2015
The flavors of a favorite salad on a grilled pizza…
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp Urban Accents Heartland Pepper & Garlic, divided
- 1 lb pizza dough or 2 prepared 12-inch thin pizza crusts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups torn Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup prepared Caesar dressing
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 3 tsp Heartland Pepper & Garlic. Grill for 5-7 min per side until chicken is cooked through. Remove to cutting board; let rest for 5 min and cut into thin strips.
- If using dough, stretch or roll dough on floured surface to form two 10-inch discs, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Brush top of dough discs or prepared crusts with 1 Tbsp oil; place discs oil-side down on grill and close lid.
- Grill over med heat 1-2 min or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust.
- Carefully flip crusts over using tongs or spatula. Brush this side of crusts with remaining oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp Heartland Pepper & Garlic.
- Top with chicken strips and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese. Close lid and grill 3-4 min longer or until cheese melts and crust is light brown. Check often to avoid burning.
- Slide cooked pizza onto baking sheet.
- In large bowl, toss lettuce, dressing and 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese. Top cooked pizza with salad mixture; slice and serve immediately.