Start with tart grapefruit popsicles spiked with minced chilis and tequilla, sprinkle with a spicy blend… and you’ve got a cooling snack with a super-spicy kick!
- 2 grapefruits
- 1-2 fresh serrano or jalapeno chiles, seeds removed & finely minced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup white tequila
- 3 Tbsp Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri
- Cut away the skin and any white parts of the grapefruit by using a knife and following the natural curve of the fruit. Once you have removed all skin and pith, use a small knife to cut away segments.
- Toss the grapefruit segments with the diced chiles. Mix the sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Turn off heat and allow to cool. Stir in the grapefruit juice and tequila.
- Divide the grapefruit segment mixture amongst 8 popsicle molds. Pour the liquid into the molds, but leave a bit of room at the top of each one. Place in the freezer. Insert a stick once the mixture is semi-frozen so the stick will stand on its own. Freeze until completely set, several hours to overnight.
- Unmold the popsicles by dipping the molds into a pan with tall sides filled with warm water. Hold for a few seconds; then pull up gently.
- When ready to serve, garnish the top of each popsicle with a sprinkle of Peri Peri.