- 4 lemons, juiced ((appx 6.5 oz juice - for best results, strain juice before incorporating))
- 1 2/3 cup sugar ((white sugar is preferable to prevent color change))
- 1 liter water ((appx 4 cups))
- 2-3 tbsp. Urban Accents Mesa Rosa Chipotle Spice Blend
Preparation: 40 min
Ready in: 40 min
- Boil water. Reduce to simmer, add in sugar, and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in juice.
- Freeze mixture in ice cube trays until solid. Remove cubes, place into high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. This could also be made in an ice cream maker- add liquid to bowl of ice cream maker and process as normal.
- Rub the edge of serving bowls with lime or lemon peels and dip edge into Mesa Rosa for a surprising salty-smoky kick!
For Candied Jalapeno Topping:
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add seasoning and lightly toast 1 minute. When fragrant, lower heat to medium and add jalapenos and stir to coat.
- Add brown sugar (or sweetener) and lime juice. Keep a close watch - this can burn quickly! Stir continuously until coating has reduced to a syrup. Remove from heat and allow to cool before using as garnish for granita.
To make lemon-lime granita, substitute half lime juice. Delish!
This recipe was submitted by Urban Accent’s Customer Service & Sales Support Specialist, Liliana Z. Thank you!