Great for individual grilled pizzas… just add your favorite toppings and sprinkle with Urban Accents seasonings to add an extra flavor burst!
For: 8 7-inch pizzas
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a small skillet; add garlic, Herbes de Provence and pepper. Cook over low heat until garlic softens, about 5 min. Cool.
- Sprinkle yeast and sugar over 1/4 cup warm water and let stand until yeast starts to swell, about 5 min.
- Mix flour, cornmeal and salt in a food processor. Add 1 cup water and herbed oil to yeast mixture.
- With food processor on, gradually pour liquid into dry ingredients; process until a rough ball forms. If dough is too sticky or dry, add flour or water, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Let dough rest for 5 min, then continue to process until dough is smooth. Remove dough from processor and knead by hand to form smooth, round ball. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise until dough doubles ins size, about 2 hours.
- Punch dough down and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each portion to form a smooth, round ball. Place the balls on a lightly floured surface, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise until they puff slightly, about 30 min. Pat each ball into a 7-inch round, flouring work surface and dough as necessary. Place on a floured cookie sheet, sprinkle top with flour.
- Brush tops of dough rounds with some of the remaining olive oil, then sprinkle each with salt. Grill oil side down, until dark brown grill marks appear, 1 to 1-1/2 min. Burst any bubbles that develop.
- Brush dough tops with oil, then flip and add toppings.