Foil Packet Salmon and Asparagus with Blueberry GlazeAugust 2, 2017
This healthy, summery meal is ready in only 20 minutes with only one small pot to clean after. Sweet!
For: 4 servings
- salmon fillets, approx 6-oz each
- asparagus spears
- Urban Accents Kodiak Salmon Rub
- olive oIl
- 16 inch piece of aluminum foil for each packet
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. white wine or rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim asparagus. Lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with Kodiak Salmon Rub Seasoning Blend. Seal in foil sheet leaving room to add more ingredients later. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat salmon filets with olive oil and liberally shake on Kodiak Salmon Rub. Remove packets from oven and carefully add one filet to each packet and reseal. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until salmon has reached your desired doneness.
- While packets are in the oven, clean blueberries and place in a small pot with water and 3 tablespoons of honey. Bring to a boil and lightly simmer until blueberries have popped and released juices. Strain if desired. Add 1 tablespoon of Kodiak Salmon Rub and continue lightly simmering until ready to serve.
- When the salmon is done and the asparagus is tender, remove packets from the oven. Add 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoons vinegar to glaze. Adjust sweetness and tartness to taste by adding more honey or vinegar.
- Spoon glaze over fish and vegetables and serve immediately.