Dry Brined TurkeyNovember 20, 2018
Love that golden, crispy turkey skin? Dry brining is the answer! Our blend allows a turkey to retain it’s natural moisture and absorb the intense flavor blend of sea salt, rosemary, pepper, thyme and garlic. Plus, less mess than a wet brine!
For: 6 servings
- 1 whole turkey or turkey parts
- Urban Accents Sea Spiced Turkey Brine
- Clean and rinse the turkey and remove the giblets. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Use 1 to 2 Tbsp brine for every 5 pounds of turkey. Rub brine all over turkey taking care to rub under skin on breast and thighs.
- Chill uncovered 1-3 days in the fridge or at least 16 hours. Pat dry, do not rinse.
- Cook turkey by preferred method. We recommend baking at 350 degrees for 20 minutes per pound, but the brined bird will be delicious whatever cooking method you choose.
Dry Brining Tips:
- It's very important to choose a turkey that is not already packaged in a brining or sodium solution.
- Brine your bird for at least 16 hours but preferably 2-3 days. This allows enough time for the brine to fully absorb into the turkey.
- Store your bird uncovered in the fridge. This step allows the skin to dry out almost completely. Very dry skin makes a golden, crispy end product. Do not rinse the bird after it's skin has dried.