Curried Carrot SoupMarch 20, 2015
With a touch of bright ginger and fresh lime…
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 4-5 tsp Urban Accents Curry Row
- 1-1/2 lbs carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, plus additional to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- thinly sliced scallions as garnish
- 15 min
- 30 min
- 45 min
- In large, heavy saucepan melt butter, add Curry Row and saute scallion, onion and ginger over moderately low heat until onion is softened.
- Add carrots and broth; simmer covered for 20 min or until carrots are very soft. Let cool.
- Add coconut milk, blend and puree until smooth with immersion blender.
- Stir in lime juice and chill soup at least 6 hours or overnight.
- If necessary, thin soup with ice water to desired consistency; season with additional lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sliced scallions.