Crusted Roast Beef TenderloinMarch 20, 2015
Coated with a coarse ground seasoning blend combined with chopped pine nuts for a crusted outside and a tender & juicy inside…
For: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Heartland Pepper & Garlic
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts, finely chopped
- 2 lb beef tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 min
- 25 min
- Ready in:
- 35 min
- Let beef stand at room temperature, covered, for 1 hour before roasting. Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 425F.
- In small bowl, combine Heartland Pepper & Garlic seasoning and pine nuts; press evenly over surface of beef tenderloin roast.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown tenderloin on all sides, reducing heat if oil begins to smoke.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125F for med-rare (135F to 140F in thinnest part), about 20-25 min.
- Remove roast from oven, transfer to a carving board. Cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.