Grilled chicken wings are much more healthy than the deep fried, butter coated version. Our Coconut Curry Marinade and Grill Sauce give these a toasted coconut glaze that toes the line between sweet and savory. Serve with a tangy slaw for a quick, easy, mouth-watering meal!
- 2 lb chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 1 bottle Urban Accents Coconut Curry Marinade and Grill Sauce
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, matchsticks or shredded
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 tsp mustard (any kind)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Combine chicken pieces and 1/2 bottle of marinade in a bowl or ziptop bag. Be sure all pieces are coated and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- If baking: Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with foil. If grilling: heat grill and clean grates.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove chicken pieces from marinade. If grilling: Remove pieces to hot grill and cook over indirect heat for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165*. Brush with more sauce as they cook. If roasting: place chicken on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°. Brush with more sauce when they come out of the oven.
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, mustard, honey, and salt. Pour over cabbage and carrots, toss to coat. This step can be done a few hours in advance or immediately before serving.