Fish Tacos are a classic for a reason. It doesn’t get much better than perfectly seasoned, crunchy white fish wrapped in a toasty flour tortilla topped with a tangy slaw and finished with a creamy aioli. Take one look, and we bet you’ll be craving them, too.
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1 inch by 4 inch 'fingers'
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Urban Accents Kodiak Salmon Rub
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 package your favorite tortillas
For the Slaw:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (or 1 Tbsp sugar)
- juice of 2 limes
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, shredded
For the Aioli:
- For slaw: whisk together all slaw dressing ingredients in a large bowl and add cabbage. Toss to coat. Chill for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- For salsa: combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Lightly toss together. Rest in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- For tacos: combine flour, salt, and seasoning in a large bowl. Lightly dredge fish in flour mixture.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add fish to hot oil and fry on all sides until golden brown and crunchy. Do not overcrowd the pan - work in batches as needed. Add more oil to the pan as needed. Remove fish to a paper towel lined plate and season with a sprinkle of salt.
- While fish cooks, stir together all ingredients for sauce. Taste and adjust as you like.
- Toast tortillas and assemble tacos with fish, aioli sauce, and slaw. Garnish with mandarin salsa and finish with a squeeze of lime juice.