Ready for a delicious global treat? Tuck into a beautiful bowl of this warm, curried Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 Tbsp Curry Row
- 5 Tbsp sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (thicker is better)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 can cooked lentils
- 1 cups fresh baby spinach
- juice of 2 limes
- kosher salt
- For garnish (optional): cilantro, crispy chickpeas, 2 cups cooked rice
- fresh naan, to serve alongside
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 1 h
- Toss the chicken with curry row and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat 1.5 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic, cook 3 minutes, then toss in the sweet potato.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add broth, the coconut milk, and peanut butter. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken thighs, shred and return to pot. Add lentils and cook for 2 min. Stir in the spinach and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with crispy chickpeas, rice, naan and fresh cilantro.