A delicious and beautiful one-dish country meal from the south of France…
For: 6 servings
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 1 h 30 min
Ready in: 1 h 45 min
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In large roasting pan, toss together tomatoes, onions, fennel, olives, sliced garlic, 4 Tbsp oil, 2 Tbsp crushed Herbes de Provence, 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Push vegetables to sides of pan to make room for chicken.
- In small bowl, combine minced garlic, 2 Tbsp oil, 1-1/2 tsp crushed Herbes de Provence, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Pat chicken dry, then rub inside and out with seasoned oil mixture.
- Tie legs together with string, then place chicken in middle of roasting pan.
- Roast 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours until instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh registers 170F.
- Remove chicken to carving board and let rest 10 min before carving.
- Gently toss roasted vegetables with pan juices and serve with crusty bread along side chicken.