Chicken ProvencalMarch 20, 2015
A delicious and beautiful one-dish country meal from the south of France…
- 2 lbs tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Nicoise olives, pitted
- 5 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp + 1-1/2 tsp Urban Accents Herbes de Provence, crushed
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 lbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In large roasting pan, toss together tomatoes, onions, fennel, olives, sliced garlic, 4 Tbsp oil, 2 Tbsp crushed Herbes de Provence, 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Push vegetables to sides of pan to make room for chicken.
- In small bowl, combine minced garlic, 2 Tbsp oil, 1-1/2 tsp crushed Herbes de Provence, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Pat chicken dry, then rub inside and out with seasoned oil mixture.
- Tie legs together with string, then place chicken in middle of roasting pan.
- Roast 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours until instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh registers 170F.
- Remove chicken to carving board and let rest 10 min before carving.
- Gently toss roasted vegetables with pan juices and serve with crusty bread along side chicken.