Chicken Mole Quinoa BowlNovember 2, 2016
Courses: Dinner/Late Night/Lunch/Poultry & Game/Salads Cuisines: American/Tex Mex Seasons: Fall Feasting/Springtime Fresh/Winter Warmers Difficulties: Quick & Easy
Make a healthy quinoa bowl recipe loaded with veggies and shredded chicken simmered in a our Mexican Chile Pumpkin Mole Sauce.
For: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oIl
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs,
- 1/2 jar Urban Accents Pumpkin Mole Simmer Sauce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Sauted veggies - 1 onion, 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black bean, rinsed and drained well
- 1 lime, juiced
- cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 15 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 35 min
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of chicken. In a saute pan, add oil, set to a medium heat and brown chicken on both sides. Cook for 8 minutes. Add sauce, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover with lid and cook for 20 minutes. Shred chicken and heat remaining mole in a separate pot.
- To assemble bowl, divide quinoa between 4 bowls. Layer chicken, mixed vegetables, tomato, avocado, corn and black beans. Drizzle mole sauce over bowl and squeeze lime wedge. Sprinkle cilantro.