Cuisine: Old World Eurpoean
Accented with a smoky Hungarian paprika for a rich satisfying flavor…
For: 6 servings
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 15 min
Ready in: 30 min
- Carefully clean chicken livers, removing any veins or connective tissue. Rinse well and let drain. Chop into small pieces, approximately 1/2 inch.
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute shallots; add chicken livers and cook, stirring, until firm, but still slightly pink on inside.
- Add Cognac and cook on high heat, stirring constantly until reduced by half. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add chicken livers with pan drippings, butter, cream and Hungarian Herb Paprika Blend to food processor; process until smooth.
- Spray pate mold with non-stick spray.
- Spoon mixture into mold, cover and chill for approximately 3 hours.
- Unmold, sprinkle a bit more or the seasoning over pate.
- Serve with crackers or toast points.