BBQ Chicken Pizza is a real treat! Our Caramelized Onion BBQ Pizza Sauce is sweet, smoky, tangy, and just a little spicy. Layer it with creamy cheese, hearty chicken, and aromatic onion for a super-satisfying weeknight meal or late-night snack.
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough ((or prepared 12-inch pizza crust))
- 1 cup Urban Accents Caramelized Onion BBQ Pizza Sauce ((add more to taste or use for dipping!))
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes ((optional, for garnish))
- Preheat oven to 500° and heat pizza stone on top rack, if using. If using fresh dough, allow it to come to room temperature.
- Pull and roll the dough into a 12-16 inch circle or rectangle. Layer on sauce, cheese, chicken, and onion.
- Bake on a baking sheet or preheated pizza stone on top rack for appx 10 minutes or until crust is golden and sauce is bubbly. Allow to cool slightly, garnish with cilantro and red pepper flakes, and serve hot.