Tangy and crispy, these little bites are the perfect topper or side for your cajun feast!
- 1 large jar dill pickle slices
- 2 cup all purpose flour (separated)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Urban Accents Cajun Street Seasoning
- 1 L vegetable oil for frying
Cajun Street Remoulade Dipping Sauce
- Drain pickles, pat them dry with paper towels, and toss them with one cup flour. Not all the flour will stick. This step is to help the egg wash to stick to the pickles.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a pot over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees or until a drop of water sizzles and pops.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, salt, and seasoning) into a medium sized bowl.
- In another medium sized bowl, crack the eggs and lightly scramble.
- Working in batches, dip the pickles into the egg and then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture.
- Working in batches. Use tongs or a fry basket, carefully place dredged pickles into hot oil and fry until golden brown (appx 7 minutes). Use tongs to flip the pickles at least once while they fry. If your pickles are browning too quickly, turn the heat down. If your pickles aren't browning well, turn the heat up.
- While the pickles are frying, whisk together the ingredients for the Cajun Remoulade Dipping Sauce.
- Once golden brown, remove pickles to a paper towel lined plate and season to taste. Serve immediately or keep the pickles warm and crispy on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a 120 degree oven.