a Cajun creamy comfort food from the French Quarter…
- 4 servings
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 1 h 30 min
- Ready in: 1 h 45 min
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken breast chunks on all sides; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and almonds; cook until almonds begin to brown lightly, about 4 min.
- Stir in flour and Cajun Street; blend well.
- Add broth and cream; mix well and cook until thickened and bubbly, about 5 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in pimiento and parsley.
- Add in cooked chicken and rice and spoon into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 min or until heated through.