Our curry blend brightens the flavor of this easy fall soup…
- 6 servings
- 1 2-lb butternut squash
- 2 bay leaves
- 64 oz chicken stock
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Curry Row
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Sonoma Pepper
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- sour cream
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- Ready in: 1 h 10 min
- Cut, quarter and remove seeds from squash. Place squash in large stockpot with chicken stock and bay leaves.
- Cover, bring to boil and cook for approximately 30 min or until squash is soft.
- Remove squash with slotted spoon and scoop out meat. Discard skins and return squash to pot.
- Add cream, Curry Row, Sonoma Pepper and nutmeg.
- Mash squash to desired consistency. Bring to low boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 min.
- Serve in individual bowls, and garnish with sour cream and croutons.