Cuisine: American Adventures
Steakburgers with bourbon-infused grilled onions… SOOOOO GOOD!
For: 8 servings
- 2 lbs ground chuck (80% lean)
- 3 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp Urban Accents Chicago Steak & Chop
- 8 slices aged cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese
- 8 brioche hamburger buns
- 1 Tbsp olive oIl
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp Urban Accents Chicago Steak & Chop
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 6 bacon strips
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 20 min
Ready in: 35 min
- In medium bowl, combine ground chuck, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce and Chicago Steak & Chop; mix lightly with fork to combine, but do not over mix.
- Divide mixture into eight portions, ball lightly and then flatten into patties. Place patties on platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; oil grate with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- In medium non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and 3/4 tsp Chicago Steak & Chop; toss to combine. Continue to saute onions, while you start grilling burgers.
- Place burgers on grill and cook for 4-5 min on one side.
- Flip burgers and place cheese on top of each. Cook for 2 min and then tent with foil and cook for additional 2-3 min until internal temperature reaches 150F.
- Remover burgers from grill, tent with foil and let rest for 5 min (internal temperatures should reach 155 to 160F.
- Once onions start to turns golden, remove pan from burner and add bourbon. Place skillet back on burner and cook over low heat as onions absorb liquid.
- Toast bun halves on grill until lightly golden.
- Remove from heat and butter each bun. Place one burger on each bun bottom, top with 1/4 cup onions, cooked bacon, your favorite condiments and bun top.