Sheet pan dinners are weeknight dinner life savers! This one is a major UA staff favorite: tangy, fajita-style steak and peppers with roasted red potatoes. We give the potatoes a head start in the oven and then crank the broiler to get a good crust on the steak and color on the peppers. Serve with salsa, guac, sour cream, and warm tortillas for the best Taco Tuesday ever.
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 1 h 20 min
- Before heating oven, arrange one oven rack near broiler and one close to the bottom of the oven. Heat oven to 450°. Line a large sheet pan with foil and coat lightly with oil or non-stick spray.
- Toss potatoes with 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp seasoning. Arrange on baking sheet in a single layer, cut sides down. Roast on bottom rack until just tender, appx 20-25 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, toss pepper slices with 1 Tbsp seasoning and rub steak all over with 1 Tbsp oil and remaining seasoning.
- Carefully remove pan from oven, and use a spatula to move potatoes to edge of pan. Place steak and peppers in the center in an even layer.
- Set oven to broil. Broil until steak is browned 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness. Remove from oven and allow steak to rest on pan for 5 minutes. Slice and serve immediately.