Courses: Appetizers, Appetizers, Breads, Lunch, Main Course, Pizza, Focaccia & Flatbread, Pizza, Foccacia & Flatbread
Season: Summer Grilling
Creative homemade pizza-as an appetizer, snack… or light dinner!
- 1 1-lb bunch asparagus, thick ends removed
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained & thinly sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tsp Urban Accents Roma, divided
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Urban Accents Chicago Classic Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 lb proscuitto slices,
- 20 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato reserved oil and 1 tsp Roma.
- Add asparagus and scallions, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Grill, turning occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 6-9 min. When cool enough to handle, cut asparagus and scallions into thirds.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese with 1 tsp Roma, 1 Tbsp reserved sun-dried tomato oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide dough into fourths. Roll or stretch to form four 7-inch ovals.
- Transfer to prepared sheet, and brush with Roma-seasoned sun-dried tomato oil.
- Transfer dough pieces to grill. Cook until undersides are firm and beginning to char, about 2-3 min.
- Using tongs or a large spatula, transfer crusts, grilled side up, back to baking sheet.
- Dividing evenly, top crusts with pizza sauce, ricotta mixture, prosciutto, asparagus, scallions, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Slide back onto grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until crusts are cooked through and cheese is melted, 3-5 min.
- Transfer pizzas to a cutting board, cut into wedges and serve.