Asian PilafMarch 20, 2015
With snow peas and a sweet-heat seasoning…
- 2 Tbsp olive oIl
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Thai Heat Stirfry
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and Thai Heat Stirfry; lightly saute until onion softens.
- Add rice and stir so rice gets coated evenly.
- Add stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18-20 min until rice is tender.
- Stir in snow peas and let pilaf stand, covered for 5 min.
- Stir in sesame seeds before stirring.