Asian Curry Grilled Peppers with Thai Peanut SauceJune 22, 2017
The sweet and spicy Asian flavors of these peppers are a welcome change during grilling season. They make an excellent appetizer, side dish, or sandwich topper.
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers (regular peppers chopped to size work as well)
- 1 packet Urban Accents Asian Curry and Honey Veggie Roaster Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup olive oIl
- barbecue/kabob skewers
Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. light sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha style hot sauce (optional)
- pinch kosher salt
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning on the grill. Skewer 4-6 peppers on two parallel skewers for easy flipping.
- Mix seasoning and olive oil and let sit 5 minutes to fully dissolve.
- Heat the grill and oil the grates.
- Place pepper skewers on hot grill and brush liberally with seasoning. Watch closely, and flip when the first side has nice grill marks. Continue to brush on seasoning throughout grilling. Take peppers off the grill when each side has nice browning - approximately 3-5 minutes per side depending on how hot the grill is.
- Let cool for 2-5 minutes and serve with Thai Peanut Sauce for dipping.
For Thai Peanut Sauce:
- Whisk or stir all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Adjust heat and flavor to taste.