YOU WILL NEED…
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed.
In a stock pot over medium-high heat add olive oil and cook onion, peppers, jalapeno & garlic until tender. Remove half of the vegetables from the pot and set aside.
Add meat, cooking until browned and add seasoning packet. Stir until well combined. Add tomatoes, pumpkin and water, stirring until well combined. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Add beans and remaining vegetables. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. If too thick add additional water. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Makes 8 1-cup servings.