Now that we’ve officially entered the pumpkin (aka the best) time of year, the world is abuzz with musings of pumpkin spice in everything from lattes to lip balm. And thanks to the folks at Urban Accents, those delicious flavors have entered another territory: dinner.
The brand created a Mexican-inspired chicken mole dish using their new simmer sauces that is guaranteed to please everyone in your household during the cooler months. What’s more, it takes just 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish. So easy! Read on for the full recipe, which you can serve over either couscous or rice, then check out even more options.
Mexican Chile Pumpkin Mole
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
1 tablespoon olive oIl
1 jar Pumpkin Mole Sauce
2 tablespoons pepitas, optional
2 tablespoons chopped scallions, optional
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- In a sauté pan, add oil, heat on medium heat, and brown chicken on both sides.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with pepitas, scallions, and cilantro.
- Main Dishes
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes