1. Brine your meat before grilling. Using a good brine adds tenderness and reduces cooking time. Even better, use a brine that adds a nice flavor. For instance, I love the Urban Accents Chef’s Pepper & Herb Brine and the Hot & Spicy Havanero Brine. We used these on chicken and loved that they added such great flavor. The meat was also tender. It’s not surprising that brining kits are a big trend this year!
2. Season your corn on the cob. Corn on the cob is in season and is easy to prepare on the grill. Personally, we wrap our corn on the cob in a moist paper towel and wrap it in foil before grilling in order to retain extra moisture. Once the corn is done, either sprinkle with seasoning or mix seasoning into butter and brush it onto the corn. Personally, we are using the Urban Accents Chipotle Parmesan Corn on the Cob Seasoning that complements the corn well. The Spicy Chili Lime Corn on the Cob Seasoning is another one of our favorites as it gives it some kick!
3. Preheat your grill. Preheat your grill at a high temperature (400-degrees or higher) for approximately 15 minutes to help kill bacteria and to help seer foods as soon as they come in contact with the grill.
4. Use a dry glaze. Dry glazes are trendy lately! I love it because there are so many fantastic flavors and they are so easy to use. Most simply combine olive oil and seasonings to create the glaze, but you will also see slight variations of this. My absolute favorite dry glaze is the Urban Accents Vermont Grill DRYGLAZE. We use it on chicken and love the unique maple taste that is quite sweet. Another one that we love is the Mandarin Ginger DRYGLAZE because it has a yin-yang sensation of ginger and wasabi combined with orange and demerara sugar that is amazing. I sometimes crave the sea salt and peppery citrus flavors. The Athenian Herb DRYGLAZE is my son’s favorite. I think that the thyme combined with sun-dried tomato and a hint of lemon is why he raves that this is his favorite. My husband’s favorite is the Santa Fe BBQ DRYGLAZE. He was raised in the southwest, so it’s too perfect for him with the smoky chipotle chili and honey flavors.
5. Season your veggies. My family eats a lot of veggies, so we appreciate opportunities to use seasonings to add variety to our meals. The Urban Accents VERY VEGGIE Vegetable Lovers Collection Set is a fun collection of unique seasoning mixes to make your family excited about their veggies! The set includes:
- Balsamic & Roasted Onion Veggie Roaster — A blend of onions, balsamic, garlic, brown sugar, sea salt and spices
- Parmesan Mediterranean Veggie Roaster — A blend of Parmesan cheese, lemon peel, onion, garlic and spices. Contains: dairy
- Sweet & Spicy Moroccan Veggie Roaster — Moroccan-inspired blend of paprika, chili, garlic, cinnamon, mint and more.
- Asian Curry & Honey Veggie Roaster — Asian-inspired blend of honey, cumin, cayenne, vanilla and spices.
- Chipotle Parmesan Corn Cob Shaker — A slightly spicy blend of chipotle, parmesan, salt and garlic.
- Chili Lime Corn Cob Shaker — A spicy combination of Serrano chiles, lime and sea salt.
- Sweet & Tangy Pickling Spice — A traditional 10-spice blend of coriander, mustard seed, allspice, ginger and more.